One of the best professional networking sites available is LinkedIn. For over a decade, LinkedIn has offered a way for professionals to connect whether it is for learning about products and services or looking for potential employees or a new job. LinkedIn has over 300 million members and continues to grow every day. LinkedIn can be a good means of finding the great sales job that you are looking for.
Here are some ways to use LinkedIn to find a great sales job.
Create a really good profile on LinkedIn.
- You want to keep your profile professional and career focused. Do not include personal information that is not relevant to your professional goals.
- Include a picture in your profile. LinkedIn profiles with no picture tend to get overlooked and do not look complete. Use a professional picture rather than one that you would more likely share on Facebook or a more social than professional networking site.
- Make sure your profile is complete. Fill in all of the relevant information. If you leave out pertinent information, it will come across as incomplete and unprofessional. Many companies look through these profiles to seek out prospective employees. You want your LinkedIn profile to offer as much information as possible.
- Make your information interesting so that you stand out from the crowd. Many people use LinkedIn to search for jobs and to search for employees. Put yourself ahead of the crowd by focusing on your professional accomplishments. You can add videos to talk about your accomplishments which will make your profile stand out even more.
- Update your LinkedIn profile on a regular basis. This is especially true if you are currently seeking new employment. Check and update your profile at least a few times each week to make sure that it is up to date.
Follow companies that you are interested in.
Keep checking the LinkedIn information for the companies that you think would offer you the best opportunities. You can comment on the company postings and you can request a connect with the company LinkedIn page. You can search jobs by using the "jobs filter" to look for that great sales position that you want and are qualified for.
Try to link with as many people as possible.
Millions of people are on LinkedIn. Look for friends, colleagues, old coworkers, old classmates and anyone else you can think of. Networking continues to be one of the best ways to land a great sales job. LinkedIn gives you the opportunity to connect with many more people than you possibly could in person. Take advantage of this.
Use the "Jobs" tab to expand your job search.
The jobs tab will show you places that have positions that you may be interested in. You can also set up preferences by location, company size and industry. LinkedIn also allow you to "Save jobs" that you are interested in as well as saving searches and jobs that you have applied for.
If you are looking for a job in another city, you can enter the geographic information and LinkedIn will provide you with the names of companies in that area that are hiring. You can further screen these companies by indicating how large a company you want to work for and the industry that you are interested in.
LinkedIn is a great tool for any professional sales person looking for that great sales job. With so many people and companies using LinkedIn as a job search and recruitment tool, you are sure to find the job of your dreams.